Pardon me for this vain post but Sahita Murali a stranger I never had any connection with was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award!
Since I am not used to such irrational compliments I am going to give a tearful- overdramatic speech about my victory. Actually no, I am not about all this sentimental (insert expletive) but off course this gesture has made me believe in the kindness of strangers.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
1)I am a voracious reader, I prefer fictional characters over real people any day. Atleast they know when to shut up!
2)I am passionate about rock ‘n’ roll music. My favourite band currently (and for almost a decade now) is Arctic Monkeys.
3)My favourite song is ‘Fix You’ by Coldplay. I plan to get its lyrics tattooed on the nape of my neck if my mother lets me.
4)My favourite movie is David Fincher’s ‘Fightclub’. It is hard to describe the mindblowingness of that movie without swearing.
5)I am currently studying Mass Communications and I aim to be a journalist one day.
6)I am a hard-core, typically overacting, attention-seeking and aggressive and always-getting-into-trouble Gryffindor.
7) ‘Peter Pan’ by J.M. Barrie was my favourite bedtime story and has an enormous influence on my life.
8) My favourite TV shows are Sherlock, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and many more.
9) My favourite Disney princess is Merida for obvious feminist reasons.
10) The movie character I relate with the most is Kat from ’10 Things I Hate About You’.
11) I love emo poetry, I spend hours browsing for painful,tragic and depressing poetry on tumblr and pinterest.
Now that I have revealed more information about myself than I am comfortable it is time to answer Sahita Murali ‘s questions.
1. What is your favourite kind of food?
Spicy vegetarian without too much gravy which is chewy and crispy at the same time and sets your nose on fire if you sneeze.
2. What is the biggest social injustice in this world according to you and why?
Female oppression, so far it is the only one I have been subjected to and it frustrates me. Especially the misconceptions surrounding it.
3. What is your deepest, darkest secret?
I hate being treated as a kid- by family, by friends, by anyone.
4. What is your biggest fear?
That I will die as just another nobody on a planet of 7 billion others.
5. If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would you change and why?
I would definitely be more hardworking, I am a lazy sloth.
6. Friends or family?
My friends ARE family.
7. Have you ever experienced peer pressure? When?
Not yet, no.
8. Describe the perfect place (real or imaginary).
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
9. What is your biggest aim in life, your biggest dream?
I want to travel the world, DESPERATELY!
10. Describe yourself in three words.
Sarcastic. Sweet. Simple.
11. What are your 5 biggest pet peeves?
- When people crack rape jokes (under any circumstances rape jokes are never funny)
- When people take jokes seriously (come on have some sense of humour)
- When people pay too much attention to astrology.
- When anybody lies to me.
- When people ask too many questions (but not to you Sahitya, you rock!)
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award (You Go Guys!)
- The Henry Tudor Experience – because I am obssessed with Tudor History thanks to Phillipa Gregory, Suzanna Dunn and Hilary Mantel.
- Confessions of a Readaholic– Because his blog is awesome and he is awesome and what else do you need?
- Interesting Literature – The name is enough to give me butterflies in my tummy
- Classic Critique – My love for this funny, sarcastic, witty and endlessly educational blog is infinite.
- Be Young & Shut Up– Because I like bloggers who are not diplomatic.
Now here’s what you have to do to complete the nomination:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their page(s) in your post.
2. Proudly display the award banner on your page.
3. List eleven facts about yourself.
4. Answer the questions the award-giver asked you and make 11 more for your nominees.
5. List your nominees.
Last but not the least, here are my 11 questions for you:
1)What is the one piece of advice you wish someone would have given you 10 years ago?
2)What is the one lesson you will teach your children no matter what?
3)One story that left an impact on you- book, movie, fanfiction, tumblr post, etc.
4)One particular line from one particular song that makes you sentimental:
5)If you could have tea with any two fictional characters, who would you choose:
6)What superpower would you choose- immortality, invisibility or telepathy?
7)Avengers or X-Men?
8) What is the one thing that you will never know which frustrates you the most? (In my case it is my Patronus)
9) If you could recommend only one book to the young generation, which would it be?
10) Which is you favourite poem, why?
11) If you could ask one question to your favourite author, what would it be?
Now Fire Away!